to Move Your Leaders from Good to Great
Executive Coaching FAQ
Executive coaching is a development process designed to accelerate the performance and potential of individual leaders in alignment with their organization's culture, core competencies and business needs.
I have helped leaders, at all levels:
- Accelerate their readiness for promotion to the next level
- Transition into new leadership roles
- Lead large-scale organizational change
- Develop high performing teams
- Enhance their executive presence
Coaching engagements typically last 6-12 months depending on the nature of the client's goals. One-on-one coaching sessions occur twice per month and are approximately 90 minutes each in length. In between each coaching session, the client does the work of testing new behaviors and obtaining feedback.
I conduct the majority of coaching sessions in person, at the client's place of business. However, I also conduct sessions via Skype and telephone depending on the client's needs.
The number one consideration in choosing a coach is fit. To determine whether a good fit exists, interview the potential coach. Based on your conversation, ask yourself:
- Am I comfortable with our rapport?
- Is the coach someone I can trust?
- Does the coach's style complement mine?
- Will the coach challenge me enough to stretch myself?
- Is the coach an active listener who gives me his or her full attention?
Team Coaching FAQ
Team coaching is a systemic process to create high-performing and sustainable teams.
While the focus of executive coaching is on the individual, the focus of team coaching is on the entire team system. This systems approach provides one-on-one coaching to each team member, individually, as well as group coaching to the collective team.
I have helped teams:
- Create a common vision and purpose
- Establish performance goals that create interdependence among team members
- Agree on behavioral norms that guide how the team works together
- Develop trust and mutual accountability
- Leverage style differences for more effective team dynamics, communication and decision-making
- Increase the level of team engagement
- Foster a culture of constructive debate to accelerate innovation
The time commitment of a team coaching engagement will depend on the nature of the client’s goals. Timing can range from a one-time, stand-alone event to a 12-month engagement that includes bi-monthly team sessions.
Team coaching sessions are typically held offsite, away from the client’s main office. They may take place anywhere in the world based on the client’s needs.
Schedule a Call Today
The first step is to schedule a call so we can discuss your goals and determine if we would be a good fit.
Include a few available dates and times so we can get something on the calendar.
I used to struggle when having difficult conversations with my stakeholders. Ed helped me learn to regulate my emotions and interact in a way that increases others’ receptivity and reduces their defensiveness. I now have more effective work relationships and no fear of engaging in difficult conversations.”
Senior Controller at DSM